hopRSS

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Make a candle with a difference

The V-shaped ice candle

Unfortunately I don’t have a picture now, but one candle with a difference that I loved was the V-shaped ice candle.  The bottom of the V became the top of the candle when it was taken out of the mold.  I do wish I had a photo because I would love to put it up for you to see.  Start with a light colored wax at the tip and as you build the candle change to a darker color so that when you turn the candle over the darker shade is at the bottom.

One problem that you have to sort out using a V-shaped candle mould is that you need to support the mold until the wax is set.  Putting the mold into something like a cut off milk carton works well.

Don’t forget to make sure the wick is coated in wax.

If you try this let me know how you got on.  PS.  If you want to make it even more different, once you have the candle out of the mold you can dribble wax down it as well.   Looks cool!  I always used to use various shades of pink candle wax (dyed), blue or purple, but even mixing colors like green and purple look fantastic.

These candles look so cool that you can leave it as an unscented candle too because everyone will be blown away by the effect of the candle.

Share/Bookmark

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment